Skip to main content

The Samsung Galaxy S23 colors are lying to you.

The four Samsung Galaxy S23s in a row: Green, Lavander, Phantom Black, and Cream

My unofficial beat at Mashable is complaining about Apple's phone colors. The "deep purple" iPhone wasn't purple enough for me, and I am still waiting for the hot pink Barbie iPhone of my dreams.

Today, Samsung entered the ring. Leaks of its new Samsung Galaxy S23 line speculated about four new colors: Phantom Black, Botanic Green, Cotton Flower, and Misty Lilac. And those the are the kind of names that come to play. Just by reading them, I have a pretty good idea of what they look like. Plus, they make me feel valued as a consumer because I know someone took at least one minute to think about what to call them.

The four Samsung Galaxy S23s in a row: Green, Lavander, Phantom Black, and Cream
The Galaxy S23 lineup: Green, Lavender, Phantom Black, and Cream Credit: Samsung

It turns out I trust too easily because today Samsung released the official color names and they are Phantom Black, Cream, Green, and Lavender. I may not be a color expert, but I am a color enthusiast, and I have feedback.

The Phantom Black and Cream are accurate enough, but Lavender and Green have it coming.

Let's look at the "lavender" first, which more of a pink than a purple and more of a lilac than a lavender (lilac flowers are softer and more pink than lavender flowers which are more of a true purple). I tried to match Pantone colors to the official photo of the S23 and found that, at its lightest, Samsung's idea of "Lavender" a bit grey. At its darkest, it's what Pantone calls "Orchid Ice." Samsung, I cannot accept this.

The Samsung Galaxy S23 in Lavender which is really more of a very, very light pink-purple. Next to it are the pantone swatches for matching colors 9340 U and Orchid Ice
Lavender has basically been iced out of this shade. Credit: Mashable composite: Samsung

"Green" is way, way too broad a color category. And remarkably, even though the color green applies to a least a hundred shades, it barely applies to this one. Grey? Charcoal? Maybe. The Pantone color I found to match the top is called "Sedona Sage," which I think is a stretch but would be a major upgrade from "green." Someone at Samsung was dead asleep at the wheel during this conference call. Another L for Samsung.

The Samsung Galaxy S23 in Green which is really more of a grey. Next to it are the pantone swatches for a matching colors Sedona Sage and 446 CP.
Sage schmage. That's grey. Credit: Mashable composite: Samsung

I'm picky about color but I have numbers on my side. A Forbes headline read "The Samsung Galaxy S23 Series is gorgeous, despite its muted colors" and a Twitter user racked up more than 3,500 likes bemoaning Samsung's perception of color and lame names. Well, there's always next year.



from Mashable https://ift.tt/zLyqkCa
https://ift.tt/1Lb9ydC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORKING 2.0 No Recoil File For PUBG | Anti-Ban File

 WORKING 2.0 No Recoil File For PUBG | Anti-Ban File - techy teacher 2.0 No Recoil File For PUBG Howdy Buddies! We are back with new theme on PUBG versatile 2.0. I genuinely want to believe that you all update your PUBG App in light of the fact that on 11 May PUBG new update has been shown up, and pretty much every client update it. As you most likely are aware my site is the best wellspring of hacking and breaking, on my site you get the most recent reports on game hacks with reasonable recordings. Today, I give you the most recent 2.0 No Recoil File For PUBG. This update is truly astounding, PUBG 2.0 report a few new and intriguing elements with regards to this update. PUBG presents new livik map and in this guide we see a great deal of new things. This new guide is entirely unexpected and PUBG add a few games in it. In this guide, you additionally appreciate soccer challenge and gather coins in remuneration to purchase plunder. How about we examine every one of the new elements in c

WhatsApp Hacking Using Phishing Attack - techy teacher

WhatsApp Hacking Using Phishing Attack - techy teacher  WhatsApp Hacking Using Phishing Attack ? As all of us recognise, WhatsApp hacking is sort of no longer viable because of quit-to-give up encryption. But there are methods we are able to hack all of us's WhatsApp. I’m speaking about phishing attack. I suppose that is the maximum effective assault for WhatsApp hacking. Today in this article we are speakme approximately how to carry out this attack using termux. Before starting this text, in case you do not know what's termux? First examine approximately it on Google and learn some basic instructions. Observe my instructions. If you're inquisitive about hacking, then check out my recent article on How to Hack a Facebook Accoun t. Do not download this app from the Play Store if you already have the termux app. Because termux can't upgrade packages if it's downloaded via the Play Store. As a result, I recommend that you download termux from F-Droid . F-droid is t

Hack PayPal - Hack PayPal Money Free Using Termux -techy teacher

 Hack PayPal - Hack PayPal Money Free Using Termux - by techy teacher Hack any PayPal Account Hi Everyone, we are again with fascinating subject of hack PayPal cash free utilizing termux application. As you probably are aware, my site is the best hotspot for moral hacking. So if you have any desire to find out about how to hack Facebook account or some other stuff then should visit my entire site. I likewise give functional recordings to my supporters.  Alright, we should discuss our device. So the of this device is onex coded in slam script. Onex is the bundle oversees for programmers on the grounds that onex device oversee beyond what 400 apparatuses that can be introduced in single tick. The main thing is to introduce this apparatus and after establishment I will let you know how we can hack PayPal utilizing this onex device. In the event that you're a termux client, should find out about How to Hack Instagram Account. Before start this interaction, we want an application name